Windshield repair and windshield replacement are a vital part of car maintenance. If anything has happened to your windshield, you will want to have it repaired or replaced as soon as possible. After a windshield repair or windshield replacement, you will want to take excellent care of your windshield to keep it gleaming and clean. Not just your windshield, but your windows, too, should be cleaned off regularly, especially in the winter months to avoid obstruction of your visual field upon driving. Follow our easy tips to beautiful, clear windows, whether before or after windshield replacement or windshield repair.
- ~Choose an auto glass cleaner with no ammonia or alcohol, these can be potentially damaging to not only the glass but the interior as well. Also avoid substances that can potentially leave a film or residue on glass like household wipes. This will allow a streak free shine on your mended windshield.
- ~Choose a good towel, such as a glass cleaning microfiber towel often found in Hardware stores or specialty shops. These are lint free meaning they will not scratch the surface or leave bits and pieces behind. When used dry, these towels have the ability to produce static charges, easily lifting dirt and debris off of that shiny, newly replaced windshield.
- ~Spraying the outer windshield and windows with water after a glass-friendly soap up will leave the outer glass sparkling and road ready.
- ~Consider, as well, the motion in which you wipe your windows. It has been shown that a circular, wax-on-wax-off approach can leave streaks and hidden debris on the window and spread it in circles rather than away from the field of vision.Instead, use a straight up and down method to track dirt away from the center. Use one side, or a whole another towel to wipe and one side to buff.
- ~Avoid being in direct sunlight when washing your car whether detailing or cleaning the outer space, the sun can leave visible spots on windows from the rays. Streaks can show through on your glistening, restored windshield.
- ~A Squeegee is your friend. Either investing in one for home, or using one when you stop off at the gas station for a fill-up, carefully and thoroughly go over your windshield if weather permits and you are not in a hurry. This will help to remove any debris such as bugs and dirt from a recent trip. Perfect for in between detailings and washings.
- ~On top of all of this, remember, if you plan on detailing your entire car, always do the interior of the car first and leave the inside windows for last to avoid extra dust particles and different sprays or chemicals from re-smearing your windows.
If you’ve just had your windshield repaired or your windshield replaced, remember to keep it cared for and clean with our easy guide. Do not hesitate to book a windshield replacement or windshield repair as soon as you need it, give us a call at 905-339-0339.
Categorised in: Auto Glass Deals
This post was written by Speers Auto Glass Staff