Performing simple tasks routinely on your car will help it live a long and fruitful life. Finding very specific and thorough maintenance tips for specific parts of your car is made easy by searching the web; however, most people want a basic and helpful guide to maintain their car without hours of work each week. Here, Speers gives you that and more. Read our tips on basic car maintenance!
Inspect your car glass, front windshield, back glass, driver and passenger windows, tilt windows and sunroof for stone chip and crack damages. A small crack will eventually require a replacement so spotting that minor damage early and repairing it on time can save money and more important it is your safety.
Wheels and Tires
Make sure that you rotate your tires every 5000 kms to every 8000 kms.
- Check your tread depth and replace your tires when your tread is too low.
- Check your tire pressure at least once a week. Having good tire pressure will help your fuel economy and make riding comfortable.
- Not only that, but make sure to give your brakes some tender loving care. Brake dust can accumulate and acquire moisture, which could cause some issues later on. Clean off all brake dust regularly to avoid this.
Check your belts! Your engine will have a variety of drive belts that loop around pulleys, and these typically involve the alternator, the A/C compressor, and everything in between. Make sure you have these belts checked every 25,000 kms, and replaced every 50,000 kms.
- Checking your oil level is easy and very important to car maintenance. Too much or too little engine oil is equally as problematic. When the engine is cool, locate the dipstick to check the oil level.
- Your coolant level might deplete faster than you think. Check your owner’s manual to locate your engine coolant. This coolant is vital to your car’s engine and it is vital to check it regularly.
Having your car waxed and polished will help keep it looking shiny and new. Make sure to clean messes on the exterior of your car as they happen, as things such as bird feces could harden and chip the paint underneath.
- Do not ignore windshield cracks! Even small, seemingly harmless windshield cracks can turn disastrous. Nip this problem in the bud before it worsens. Let the trained professionals at Speers service your windshield woes at fair and competitive prices.
Speers Auto Glass offers a free stone chip repair if it meets the requirement of most insurance companies and it is paid to Speers by the insurance – find out by calling 905-339-0339 or fill out our contact form.